Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Snow, Sleepy baby, and loving being Mom!

We woke this morning to Snow, As many of you probably did. The first thing out of EJ's mouth was Mom I need to play in the snow! I said OK EJ after school. Right after school he was asking again. Reluctantly, I went digging for our tote of winter clothes, he squeeled when I found it and he went out to play in the backyard. That way I could watch him from the warmth of the house. :) He was so cute. He made snow angels, and had a snowball fight with himself for almost an hour. I love that kid he has the best imagination.


Jett has been such a tired boy today, I have found him asleep on the floor twice! Literally he was playing next to me at my feet in his favorite kitchen cupboard, and I looked down and he was asleep on the hard kitchen floor! Poor baby. I wish I could sleep that easily :)


I have found myself being so grateful for being Mom. My kids are at such fun ages right now, and I just want to freeze time some days. I love being a mom. Some days are definately hard, but I love being mom. I love that I am who my kids want when they are hurt, need something, or want to talk. I love that they all want to snuggle and "rocky" with me. I just hope that as they grow our relationship will stay the same. Tonight as we were reading scriptures, and singing songs, I couldn't help but feel how blessed I am to have these three sweet spirits in my home. They definately make me a better person. I only hope I can teach them all I need to. It sure can feel like a daunting task. All in all I love being mom, there is nothing I would rather be doing, and I thank my Father in Heaven for this blessing.

6 comments:

Smith Family said...

You are such a great mom! You have sweet kids!

Amy said...

It looks like you got a lot more snow than us! My girls got themselves bundled up and went out to "play" in the snow while I was getting the boys ready for school. I say "play" because they mostly eat the snow.

Unknown said...

Chase said the same thing - Go and play in the snow!

Heidi and Kevin said...

you are a great mom em and i want to stop time too. yuo know i always tell your kids that they can't grow up. i love them so much!!!

Missy said...

That snow looks like a lot of fun! I can't believe that Jett can fall asleep like that. My girls don't close their eyes unless they are in their cribs.

Rachel Smith said...

Jett must be growing or something...That is so cute that he fell asleep like that! You are GREAT mom EM! Thanks for your example