Monday, April 6, 2009

April Easter Fun!

The Family night before Easter we always dye our Easter eggs. The kids are actually being able to do more, which is great for Mom : ) Jaylee and EJ that is, Jett just runs around and yells. This is a tradition we will have forever and I love it. (Minus the dye spills)





We have also tried a few new things this Easter. The big kids and I made paper Mache Easter Eggs. A lot of fun, but what a mess. EJ wondered why we had to put the newspaper in snot to put on the balloon. But, he dug in and had fun, and even blamed me when the goo was in his armpit! (How did I do that haha silly kid) For obvious reasons we don't have pics of the goo phase. Then they loved painting there egg.


Here is the finished project. They turned out so cute!


We also started off April with an Easter Countdown. I put together a basket of 12 eggs with an object and scripture inside. Each night we open the egg and see the object and read the scripture to count down to Easter. Each scripture has to do with The resurrection. It has been a fun great way to teach the kids a little more about Easter. Not just bunnnies, eggs, and candy lol.


We have loved these new Easter traditions, and hope to keep them every year. Hope you are having a great Easter season as well.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun!!! I hope we find time this week to get our eggs ready, with the concert and all!!!

Heidi and Kevin said...

em thats so cool that you are doing all that stuff with your kids it reminds me of when we were little and doing the same things!You are such a good example to me. i look up to you so much what an amazing mother you are!!!!

ps i love the pic of jaylee and ej peeking over the eggs SO CUTE!!!!! love you!!

Amy said...

What grea ideas! That is why you make a good homeschooling mother. :)

Missy said...

I love that paper mache easter egg idea! I'll have to remember that one for when the girls are old enough to do it.

Jared said...

Hey Emily,

I'm sorry to leave this comment on your blog, but I don't have any phone numbers for anyone.

How do we get our girls into the prestigious Lamb Swimming Academy?

Have we missed registration yet?

Debra Goodey said...

wow, you know how to do Easter. I love the idea of the scriptures in eggs. I might just steal that idea for next year. Do you have a list of the scriptures you used? The kids did a nice job on their paper mache eggs. You are such a brave mom to do that in your house. I saw Jared's comment and would also like to get my 2 older boys in swimming lessons. How do we sign up?

Jared said...

Did you get my email Emily?